Saturday, August 18

D5 PowerPoint Check-In Freebie

I had a number of email requests for my Daily 5 Check-In PowerPoint.  I am always happy to share!  But, I did need to remove the graphics in order to share legally.  Still cute though…right?  Click on the image to download.



Just add pics of your students to the table at the bottom on each slide.  I was inserting pics and resizing them to 1/2 inch. Save the file with all of the pictures in place at the bottom.  Then to use during D5, just drag and drop each child’s picture to their selected activity.  There is a separate slide for each round. As long as you do not save the file when you close it, then all of the pictures will revert to their starting spot at the bottom…ready to go for the next day.  As you read in my original post, this was my solution to wanting an visual/interactive check-in process to use with my new projector and pull-down screen.  Someday I will have a Smartboard…but for now this was as interactive as I could get!  =)

The titles of each activity are editable, so you may tailor them to meet your needs.  I do not generally use “Read to Someone” in my classroom, so I published this with “Reading Meeting” instead…which is what we call our small group time.

The font used is “Cheri” and is freely downloadable if you do not already have it.  The Google Docs version will download with Arial…just switch it up to what you like.  And of course, you can always add your own graphics back in to cutesy it up.

I hope some of you can use this.  If you have any questions, just ask!  I’d love to know how it works for you!
Thank you for reading!

18 comments:

Brenda said...

Thank you so much! I don't have my SmartBoard yet either. This is just awesome!! Thanks for sharing your hard work!!

Primary Inspired

Angela W. said...

My pleasure! I’m so glad you can use it.

Mrs. Dwyer said...

Found you through a Google search...Thanks so much for this amazing freebie! Hope you don't mind me sending a few folks your way as a "thank you". My kids were very excited to use this today! Thanks, again!

~Tanya
Mrs. Dwyer’s A+ Firsties

Angela W. said...

You are very welcome Tanya! I would be more than happy to have you "send a few folks my way”…the more the merrier! I’m glad you find it useful!
Angela

Barbara said...

Thank you, Angela!!

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

Janine said...

This is beyond amazing!

faithfulinfirst.blogspot.com

Donna Williams said...

Thanks so much for your generous share. I have an Interwrite Board (the poor cousin of Promethean and SmartBoard)! The software doesn't offer much so I use PPT files alot. This would be great to use when I open up my K5 class to choice (I'm hopeful)! I don't do Read to Someone either, since my littles would interpret that as play with someone. We cover that at Guided Reading too.

Donna Williams

Kat said...

Hi! I love this template! Thank you! Quick question, how do you drag the pictures without it going to the next slide. I guess I do not know how drag and drop works in powerpoint. Thank you!

Angela W. said...

Hi Kat,
Great question! The trick is not to go into slideshow mode. Keep in "edit" mode where you can see all of your slides on the left and one large slide in the main frame. Then you can click and drag all you want. If you don't like the small slides showing, just click the tiny X at the corner of that side box. Hope that helps! -Angela

TeacherTek said...

Don't waste time waiting for a $2000 smartboard. $99 Apple TV and a HDTV with VGA capabilities (on sale at Best Buy- $349 ) will do the trick and if you have a document camera, you can hool it up to the TV as well. Wrote proposals to PTA and our Foundation for Excellence to get them for our teachers.

Carey French said...

I LOVE THIS!! Thank you so much for sharing!

lvargas said...

This is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing! It's just what I have been looking for forever.

Stephanie Robinson said...

This is awesome but I haven't figured out how to add my own pictures. Can you help me out with that?

Unknown said...

A teacher in my building asked me to create something similar on the Smart Board. Do you mind if I share it on Teachers Pay Teachers? I plan to offer it as a free resource but I didn't want to infringe on your intellectual property. My teachers love this check in for Daily 5.

lee woo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
K VP said...

Thank you very much for sharing this!

Raizy S said...

How do they sign in and move their name if you don't have a smart board? I have a projector without a smart board and they would all need to wait at the computer to move their pictures? Is that how you run it?

Angela W. said...

Raizy,
I do not usually have kids sign themselves up. Rather, I ask (as I would with a paper check-off chart) what their choice is and mark it myself. I just like the big visual reminder to them of what they have left to choose from and what they have already done. But, you certainly could have them line up and drag their own names if you chose. Another way I have used this in the past for groups that did not do well with choice, was to set up rotations with student names already on each job for each round. Then it served as a digital rotation chart that did not take up space on my wall.